Coconut Modak is another version of Modak which is mainly prepared using cocnut and dry fruits which tastes awesome and at the same time its very easy to make. So enjoy this another recipe on occasion of Ganesh Festival recipe series....
• Finely chopped Almonds, Pistachios
• 1 tbsp Gulkand / Rose petal jam
For modak –
• 1 tsp Ghee
• 1/2 cup Sweetened condensed Milk
• 1 tbsp Milk
• 1 cup desiccated Coconut
• Cardamom powder
• Food colour – yellow
For stuffing –
• Take dry fruits in a bowl. Add gulkand. Mix well.
• Stuffing is ready.
• Heat a pan on medium heat. Add ghee, sweetened condensed milk.
• Add milk. Mix well and cook for a minute.
• Add desiccated coconut. Stir well. Add food colour.
• Cook for about 4 – 5 minutes.
• Stir continuously until it becomes thick. Turn off the heat.
• Add cardamom powder. Mix well. Cool the mixture.
• Take modak mould. Fill it with the mixture.
• Leave a small gap to fill the stuffing.
• Fill the gap with dry fruit stuffing.
• Close the mould. Remove excess mixture.
• Open the mould and take the ready modak out.